Two-and-a-half hours of vigorous exercise a week could help keep flu at bay
Washington: Researchers have suggested that exercising vigorously two and a half hours a week could cut your chance of suffering from flu-like illness by about 10 per cent.
The vigorous exercise includes running, fast cycling, competitive sports like football and rugby and even running around the school playground.
Research fellow Dr Alma Adler, research fellow at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine , said that their study suggests that there may be a link between exercise and flu.
She said that the vigour of exercise is also key as their study showed that there was very little benefit for those taking moderate exercise, like fast walking, light jogging or cycling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane