Want to be healthy? Exercise outdoor
New Delhi: Exercising outdoors does seem to confer mental and physical well being.
Researchers from Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry in Britain with the European Centre for Environment and Human Health (ECEHH) came to this conclusion after studying the effects of outdoor and indoor exercise on 833 adults.
Participants reported greater enjoyment and satisfaction with outdoor activity and stated that they were more likely to repeat the activity at a later date, according to a Peninsula College statement.
Outdoor activity was associated with greater feelings of revitalisation, increased energy and positive engagement, together with an easing in tension, confusion, anger and depression.
Senior study author Michael Depledge said: "Some 75 per cent of the European population now live in urban environments, so increasing efforts need to be made to reconnect people with nature."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen