Want to be healthy? Exercise outdoor
New Delhi: Exercising outdoors does seem to confer mental and physical well being.
Researchers from Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry in Britain with the European Centre for Environment and Human Health (ECEHH) came to this conclusion after studying the effects of outdoor and indoor exercise on 833 adults.
Participants reported greater enjoyment and satisfaction with outdoor activity and stated that they were more likely to repeat the activity at a later date, according to a Peninsula College statement.
Outdoor activity was associated with greater feelings of revitalisation, increased energy and positive engagement, together with an easing in tension, confusion, anger and depression.
Senior study author Michael Depledge said: "Some 75 per cent of the European population now live in urban environments, so increasing efforts need to be made to reconnect people with nature."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?