Wearing sports bra during workouts can prevent tissue damage
London: A new study has suggested that wearing sports bra during workouts can save women from the risk of damaging the ligaments connected to the breast tissue.
The breast tissue moves severely while exercising, and the ligaments can stretch over time without right support, resulting in pain and even potential tissue damage.
Dr Joanna Scurr, head of breast health research at Portsmouth University, who led the project, said that a right-fitted sports bra is essential for good breast health.
“Our research demonstrates that a correctly-fitted sports bra offering appropriate support can reduce breast movement by up to 78 percent and also reduce associated breast pain,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
“As the breast has no supporting muscles it may also reduce the risk of breast sag, which is why it is so important to wear a well-fitting sports bra, whatever your size,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today