Weight loss may help control blood sugar levels
Washington: Maintaining the right balance of carbohydrates and proteins in meals together with right time gap can help in a smooth journey of weight loss and appropriate sugar levels, it has been revealed.
' Weight loss' and 'controlling blood sugars' are two seats of a sea-saw, hence a balance between the two phases is very important to maintain the health of an individual, Diabetic Living India magazine reported.
It was suggested that if a person with diabetes is given a crash diet with very less proteins and fibre, there will be muscle wasting which in turn can affect the insulin action. Eating less or skipping your meals can go against your aim to reduce blood sugar.
However, blood sugar control and proteins can help one in preventing complications of diabetes like neuropathy, retinopathy and nephropathy.
Complex carbohydrates not only help in controlling sugars but also to give satiety in turn helping a person to curb hunger and reduce weight.
But, only diet alone can't help lose weight, exercise or daily walk can enhance your performance, productivity and longevity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?