Weight loss may help control blood sugar levels
Washington: Maintaining the right balance of carbohydrates and proteins in meals together with right time gap can help in a smooth journey of weight loss and appropriate sugar levels, it has been revealed.
' Weight loss' and 'controlling blood sugars' are two seats of a sea-saw, hence a balance between the two phases is very important to maintain the health of an individual, Diabetic Living India magazine reported.
It was suggested that if a person with diabetes is given a crash diet with very less proteins and fibre, there will be muscle wasting which in turn can affect the insulin action. Eating less or skipping your meals can go against your aim to reduce blood sugar.
However, blood sugar control and proteins can help one in preventing complications of diabetes like neuropathy, retinopathy and nephropathy.
Complex carbohydrates not only help in controlling sugars but also to give satiety in turn helping a person to curb hunger and reduce weight.
But, only diet alone can't help lose weight, exercise or daily walk can enhance your performance, productivity and longevity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof