What happens to your body if you exercise 'too much'!
Studies have revealed excessive exercise can be bad for you.
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
New Delhi: Everybody knows that exercise is good for maintaining overall wellbeing, but overdoing it can be just as unhealthy as not being active at all.
Studies have revealed excessive exercise can be bad for you.The fact is that about half an hour of exercise each day is enough to keep you healthy and prevent the invasion of various diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, etc,. Anything more than that could do more harm than good.
Effects of excessive exercise on your body
When you push yourself too hard, you may encounter the following harmful consequences:
- You get sick more often – too much exercise can weaken the immune system.
- You become exhausted instead of energised.
- Sleep problems - when you work out too hard, your body actually releases more cortisol, the primary stress hormone) – high cortisol levels can disrupt sleep.
- Heart failure – strenuous exercise can lead to heart attack.
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia.
- Mental disorders such as depression, mood swings.
- Injuries – excessive exercise strains your ligaments, tendons, joints.
To lesseon your risk or avoid these health complications, make sure that you eat some nutritious food before workin gout. Also, make a point of hydrating by drinking enough water before you head out for a workout session.