Women who exercise enjoy super sex: Study
New York: Are you a regular gym-goer or hit the jogging track daily? Keep it up as women who frequently exercise become aroused more quickly and are able to orgasm faster and more intensely, a fascinating research reveals.
"Being physically active seems to be a potent aphrodisiac for women," Tina M. Penhollow, an associate professor of health promotion at Florida Atlantic University, was quoted as saying.
During a single strength workout, a woman's body produces higher levels of growth hormone and testosterone that play a pivotal role in sex drive.
According to another research by University of Texas at Austin, female study participants were 169 percent more aroused (as indicated by blood flow in genital tissue) while watching a short porn flick after 20 minutes of vigorous cycling than when they watched it without riding beforehand.
Hitting the weight room regularly keeps levels of growth hormone and testosterone higher, said a Jamaica Gleaner report.
“That, along with the stress-busting benefits of pumping iron, can stoke greater sexual desire,” said Kim Chronister, author of 'The Psychology Behind Fitness Motivation' was quoted as saying.
Women who exercise frequently and report higher levels of personal fitness are more likely to rate their desirability and sexual performance high above average, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad