Women who exercise enjoy super sex: Study
New York: Are you a regular gym-goer or hit the jogging track daily? Keep it up as women who frequently exercise become aroused more quickly and are able to orgasm faster and more intensely, a fascinating research reveals.
"Being physically active seems to be a potent aphrodisiac for women," Tina M. Penhollow, an associate professor of health promotion at Florida Atlantic University, was quoted as saying.
During a single strength workout, a woman's body produces higher levels of growth hormone and testosterone that play a pivotal role in sex drive.
According to another research by University of Texas at Austin, female study participants were 169 percent more aroused (as indicated by blood flow in genital tissue) while watching a short porn flick after 20 minutes of vigorous cycling than when they watched it without riding beforehand.
Hitting the weight room regularly keeps levels of growth hormone and testosterone higher, said a Jamaica Gleaner report.
“That, along with the stress-busting benefits of pumping iron, can stoke greater sexual desire,” said Kim Chronister, author of 'The Psychology Behind Fitness Motivation' was quoted as saying.
Women who exercise frequently and report higher levels of personal fitness are more likely to rate their desirability and sexual performance high above average, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends