1,669 died due to infectious diseases in China in July
Beijing: A total of 1,669 people have died in China in July due to infectious diseases, with AIDS contributing to 70 per cent of the deaths, the government said today.
A total of 5,552 AIDS cases were reported in July, of which 1,173 were fatal, state-run Xinhua news agency reported quoting a Health Ministry statement.
In July, a total of 349,864 cases of infectious diseases were reported. Of those, 1,591 were fatal.
Viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, syphilis, dysentery and gonorrhea were the top five infectious diseases, accounting for 95 per cent of all cases, according to the report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav