1,669 died due to infectious diseases in China in July
Beijing: A total of 1,669 people have died in China in July due to infectious diseases, with AIDS contributing to 70 per cent of the deaths, the government said today.
A total of 5,552 AIDS cases were reported in July, of which 1,173 were fatal, state-run Xinhua news agency reported quoting a Health Ministry statement.
In July, a total of 349,864 cases of infectious diseases were reported. Of those, 1,591 were fatal.
Viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, syphilis, dysentery and gonorrhea were the top five infectious diseases, accounting for 95 per cent of all cases, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe