20 Goa students hospitalised after eating mid-day meal
Panaji: Twenty primary students from a school in Ponda were Friday rushed to hospital after they complained of stomach pain and vomiting after eating a mid-day meal.
An education department official said the students were eating a meal comprising vegetable and lentil curry at the St. Joseph High School in Usgao in Ponda sub-district, 30 km from here.
"They have been immediately shifted to the Ponda ID (Infectious Diseases) hospital for treatment. It appears to be a case of food poisoning," the official said.
The incident comes barely days after 23 school children in Bihar`s Saran district died after eating contaminated food.
On June 27, at least 23 school students similarly fell ill after eating a mid-day meal at Canacona, 70 km south of here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah