20 Goa students hospitalised after eating mid-day meal
Panaji: Twenty primary students from a school in Ponda were Friday rushed to hospital after they complained of stomach pain and vomiting after eating a mid-day meal.
An education department official said the students were eating a meal comprising vegetable and lentil curry at the St. Joseph High School in Usgao in Ponda sub-district, 30 km from here.
"They have been immediately shifted to the Ponda ID (Infectious Diseases) hospital for treatment. It appears to be a case of food poisoning," the official said.
The incident comes barely days after 23 school children in Bihar`s Saran district died after eating contaminated food.
On June 27, at least 23 school students similarly fell ill after eating a mid-day meal at Canacona, 70 km south of here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred