20 Goa students hospitalised after eating mid-day meal
Panaji: Twenty primary students from a school in Ponda were Friday rushed to hospital after they complained of stomach pain and vomiting after eating a mid-day meal.
An education department official said the students were eating a meal comprising vegetable and lentil curry at the St. Joseph High School in Usgao in Ponda sub-district, 30 km from here.
"They have been immediately shifted to the Ponda ID (Infectious Diseases) hospital for treatment. It appears to be a case of food poisoning," the official said.
The incident comes barely days after 23 school children in Bihar`s Saran district died after eating contaminated food.
On June 27, at least 23 school students similarly fell ill after eating a mid-day meal at Canacona, 70 km south of here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi