22 deaths worldwide from coronavirus: UN
Geneva: The World Health Organisation (WHO) says there are now 22 deaths worldwide out of 44 lab-confirmed cases of the new coronavirus.
WHO officials have reported another fatal case of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, or MERS, in central Saudi Arabia, but say it is not related to the cluster of cases reported from the country`s east.
The UN health agency today said in a statement, citing information from Saudi Arabia`s health ministry, that the latest fatality is a 63-year-old man with an underlying medical condition who was hospitalised with acute breathing problems five days before he died on May 20.
At the WHO`s annual meeting in Geneva, agency officials said four of every five cases affect a man and that patients` average age is 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!