2,483 new cancer cases detected in two years in Mizoram: ICMR
Aizawl: With over 2,400 new cancer cases, including stomach, lungs and cervix, being detected in last two years in Mizoram, the state tops the list in overall cancer incidence in the country, according to a latest report of the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR).
At least 2,483 fresh cancer cases have been detected in the state during the past two years, the latest Mizoram population-based Cancer Registry report published by ICMR said.
The report found the virus in 1,376 males and 1,107 women.
Also, 1,330 people including 532 women have died during the same period, officials at a function to mark the World Cancer Day here said today.
According to the report, Mizoram topped the list in the overall cancer incidence as well as in stomach and lungs cancer (in men and women) and in Cervix cancer in women in the country.
Meanwhile, state health minister Lal Thanzara inaugurated the "National Programme on Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke" (NPCDCS) and the "National Programme for Health-Care of the Elderly" (NPHCE) at the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday