33 fresh cases of dengue in Delhi
New Delhi: Dengue appears to be spreading fast in the capital with 33 fresh cases being reported today, the highest so far for a day this season.
With this, the total number of cases have risen to 202 from yesterday`s 169. A nine-year-old girl died due to dengue late last month.
Most of the 12 zones in the jurisdiction of South, North and East Delhi Municipalities recorded dengue cases, a statement issued by the civic bodies said. However, no deaths were reported today.
Out of the 202 cases, three originated from outside the capital.
Last year, the capital saw 216 cases of dengue, including eight originating from outside, and three deaths. In 2010, there were 4,108 cases, including 24 from outside, and five deaths while the figures for 2009 were 29 dengue cases and no deaths.
In 2008, there were 550 dengue cases and two deaths
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- No touching! Operate Google's smartwatches just with hand gestures - Watch
- Indo-Pak bilateral series: Pakistan govt tells PCB not to initiate dialogue with BCCI
- PCB confident of getting Mohammad Amir's visa for England tour
- Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade criticized by Chinese users