33 fresh cases of dengue in Delhi
New Delhi: Dengue appears to be spreading fast in the capital with 33 fresh cases being reported today, the highest so far for a day this season.
With this, the total number of cases have risen to 202 from yesterday`s 169. A nine-year-old girl died due to dengue late last month.
Most of the 12 zones in the jurisdiction of South, North and East Delhi Municipalities recorded dengue cases, a statement issued by the civic bodies said. However, no deaths were reported today.
Out of the 202 cases, three originated from outside the capital.
Last year, the capital saw 216 cases of dengue, including eight originating from outside, and three deaths. In 2010, there were 4,108 cases, including 24 from outside, and five deaths while the figures for 2009 were 29 dengue cases and no deaths.
In 2008, there were 550 dengue cases and two deaths
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena