354 corneas received by Erode Govt hospital
Erode: Some 354 corneas have been received by the Government Headquarters Hospital here this fiscal and over 300 were sent to Chennai, Madurai and Coimbatore where they were transplanted on those suffering from corneal-blindness, a senior doctor said today.
There was good response to cornea-donation and some 177 persons had donated their eyes this fiscal, Dr M. Ravikumar, Senior Ophthalmic Surgeon, said.
Out of 354 corneas,the Government Headquarters hospital used one cornea while a local private eye hospital used 14.
Regarding cataract surgeries, he said it was decided to perform thirty thousand such surgeries for 2011-2012 in Erode district. As on date 95 per cent of the target has been
achieved, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic