354 corneas received by Erode Govt hospital
Erode: Some 354 corneas have been received by the Government Headquarters Hospital here this fiscal and over 300 were sent to Chennai, Madurai and Coimbatore where they were transplanted on those suffering from corneal-blindness, a senior doctor said today.
There was good response to cornea-donation and some 177 persons had donated their eyes this fiscal, Dr M. Ravikumar, Senior Ophthalmic Surgeon, said.
Out of 354 corneas,the Government Headquarters hospital used one cornea while a local private eye hospital used 14.
Regarding cataract surgeries, he said it was decided to perform thirty thousand such surgeries for 2011-2012 in Erode district. As on date 95 per cent of the target has been
achieved, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery