38 more test positive for dengue in Delhi
New Delhi: Thirty-eight more people have tested positive for dengue in the capital today, taking the total number of people detected with the mosquito-borne disease this season to 1,401.
While 36 cases were reported from three municipal corporations, two cases were reported from VVIP areas of the capital. So far, three children have died due to dengue this season.
Of the 1,401 cases, 11 cases originated from outside the city.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation reported the maximum number of 522 cases, while 473 cases were detected from the North Delhi Municipal Corporation area and 344 from East Delhi Municipal Corporation.
Other cases were reported from NDMC and Delhi cantonment areas.
Last year, a total of 857 cases were reported and five deaths took place while in 2010, a total of 5,682 dengue cases and eight deaths were recorded in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced