39 new dengue cases in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: At least 39 new cases of dengue have been reported in Odisha, taking the number of people infected by the mosquito-borne virus since June to 2,087, an official said Thursday.
The highest number of new cases, 14, have been reported in Cuttack, about 26 km from here, followed by Jajpur and Dhenkanal with nine and seven cases respectively, an official of the state health control room told IANS.
Blood samples of 7,985 people have been tested across the state so far, and 2,087 samples came out positive.
The death toll due to the disease has, however, remained at one, with no deaths reported in the last fortnight, he said.
Cuttack has so far reported 885 positive cases, the highest in the state, followed by Khordha with 364 and Angul with 265 cases, the official said.
Around 150 people were undergoing treatment in the Sriram Chandra Bhanja Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack. Two people were also undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory