39 new dengue cases, number of affected persons reaches 1,697
New Delhi: 39 fresh cases of dengue were reported in the capital on Sunday which took the total number of affected persons this season to 1,697.
Out of these, 1,685 dengue cases have been reported from Delhi itself and 12 persons, who have so far been tested positive, belong to outside, according to South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
Four persons, including two kids, have so far succumbed to dengue ever since the deadly disease started spreading here early last month.
SDMC has reported the maximum number of 6,48 cases, while 560 cases were detected from the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) area and 420 from East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC).
Other such cases have been reported from New Delhi Municipal Council and Delhi cantonment areas.
In 2011, a total of 837 cases were reported and five deaths while in 2010, a total of 5,682 dengue cases and eight deaths were recorded in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation