434 doctors to be recruited in Haryana: Govt
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to recruit 434 doctors by the end of May to provide better health facilities, state Health Minister Rao Narender Singh said on Friday.
Besides, the state government has decided to procure medicines through the medium of e-trading on the pattern of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
"There will be no shortage of doctors in the state, as the recruitment process of 434 doctors is in progress and the process is expected to be completed by May end," he said here.
The state government had decided to provide free treatment facility to the patients suffering from Hepatitis B, he said adding, Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.25 lakh would be spent on the treatment of one such patient.
In the initial phase, the patients belonging to Scheduled Castes and BPL families would be provided free treatment and it would later be extended to others, he added.
Four medical colleges were being set up in the state in the present tenure of the Congress government, he said.
With the commencement of these new medical colleges, a team of new doctors would be prepared, the minister added.
For procuring medicines through e-trading, the state government has constituted a corporation, Singh said.
Through Public Private Partnership mode, MRI and CT scan facilities would be provided to the people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read