45 more swine flu cases in Delhi, total now 759
New Delhi: A total of 45 more people tested positive for swine flu Sunday, taking the number of people infected by the Influenza A (H1N1) virus in the city to 759, an official said. There were no new deaths.
"Fortyfive more people tested positive for swine flu but there have been no deaths today (Sunday)," a doctor at the Delhi Health Service (DHS) told IANS.
So far, six deaths have been reported this month till Sunday. In January, 39 cases were reported and one succumbed to the virus.
A spurt in cases of swine flu has been seen in the national capital this year. In 2012, only 78 swine flu cases and one death were reported in the capital.
According to the Delhi government, 17 hospitals and five private hospitals are treating swine flu patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gunmen kill five in Burundi bar attack: Police
- With Nitish, Mulayam, Rahul in 'PM race', anti-BJP bloc divided over Modi's replacement
- Sailors rush for tattoos as US Navy bends rules to recruit
- Conduct forensic test on Narada sting tapes, orders Calcutta HC
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why