5 easy home remedies to treat lice (head louse)
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Don't you get that itchy feeling in your hair when you see someone sitting or standing just next to you scratching his/her hair and suddenly you notice some creepy-crawly creatures crawling in their tresses? Yes, they are head lice. Head lice are parasitic insects that live on the human scalp and survive by sucking human blood, make the scalp itchy.
Lice spread when one comes in contact with contaminated hair, hairbrushes, clothing, or may be bedding.
Read on to find easy home remedies of how to get rid of head lice if you or your your child catches it.
-Use a medicated shampoo as it will help delouse your child's hair. Apply it in your child's hair and leave it for 10 minutes. After this rinse it off with water and then comb your child's hair with a nit comb to remove the louse. Repeat the procedure every week.
-Using vinegar is an extremely good idea. After washing your hair, take some water and then add equal amounts of vinegar into it and then rinse your hair with this solution.
-One can even apply mayonnaise in his/her hair and then put a shower cap and leave it overnight. Next, wash it off in morning. You will see good results the next morning.
-You might not know but garlic too helps a lot. Make a paste by grinding 8-10 garlic cloves and add a little lime juice and water into it. Now, apply this paste in the scalp for at least half an hour and then rinse thoroughly.
-One can also use neem oil to treat hair louse as it is a natural insecticide. One can easily purchase neem oil or neem shampoo form market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire