6 more succumb to encephalitis; toll mounts to 590
Gorakhpur: With six more children succumbing to Encephalitis in past two days, the death toll due to the disease this year has risen to 590 in the eastern region, health officials said today.
All the deaths occurred at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Two children each from Gorakhpur and Deoria, and one each from Kushinagar and Bihar succumbed to the disease, they said.
Health office sources said 25 patients showing symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) were admitted to BRD-MCH and district hospitals of the region during the period.
With this, the number of AES patients admitted in different government hospitals this year climbed to 2,823, the sources said, adding that 180 patients are still being treated at BRD-MCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition