6 more succumb to encephalitis; toll mounts to 590
Gorakhpur: With six more children succumbing to Encephalitis in past two days, the death toll due to the disease this year has risen to 590 in the eastern region, health officials said today.
All the deaths occurred at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Two children each from Gorakhpur and Deoria, and one each from Kushinagar and Bihar succumbed to the disease, they said.
Health office sources said 25 patients showing symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) were admitted to BRD-MCH and district hospitals of the region during the period.
With this, the number of AES patients admitted in different government hospitals this year climbed to 2,823, the sources said, adding that 180 patients are still being treated at BRD-MCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt