6 more succumb to encephalitis; toll mounts to 590
Gorakhpur: With six more children succumbing to Encephalitis in past two days, the death toll due to the disease this year has risen to 590 in the eastern region, health officials said today.
All the deaths occurred at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Two children each from Gorakhpur and Deoria, and one each from Kushinagar and Bihar succumbed to the disease, they said.
Health office sources said 25 patients showing symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) were admitted to BRD-MCH and district hospitals of the region during the period.
With this, the number of AES patients admitted in different government hospitals this year climbed to 2,823, the sources said, adding that 180 patients are still being treated at BRD-MCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise