6 more succumb to encephalitis; toll mounts to 590
Gorakhpur: With six more children succumbing to Encephalitis in past two days, the death toll due to the disease this year has risen to 590 in the eastern region, health officials said today.
All the deaths occurred at Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital here, they said.
Two children each from Gorakhpur and Deoria, and one each from Kushinagar and Bihar succumbed to the disease, they said.
Health office sources said 25 patients showing symptoms of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) were admitted to BRD-MCH and district hospitals of the region during the period.
With this, the number of AES patients admitted in different government hospitals this year climbed to 2,823, the sources said, adding that 180 patients are still being treated at BRD-MCH.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital