60 percent women ignorant of ovarian cancer symptoms
London: A new study has revealed that almost six out of 10 women are unable to name any of the 10 symptoms of ovarian cancer.
The disease is the fourth most common cause of cancer deaths in women and experts fear the lack of awareness may contribute to low survival rates in the UK compared with elsewhere, the Independent reported.
Symptoms include persistent bloating, pain in the abdomen, back or pelvis, and fatigue.
No screening service is available for the cancer and five-year relative survival rates, at 36 percent, are among the lowest of the 21 most common cancers.
Target Ovarian Cancer wants a national awareness campaign to alert women to the signs of the disease, which is diagnosed in nearly 7,000 women a year.
Annwen Jones, the charity`s chief executive said that that it`s essential that women are made aware of the symptoms and that they are encouraged to visit their GP should they have any concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’