62% people ‘turn to drink’ to relax in evening
London: Almost two-thirds of people take a few drinks when they get home from work to relieve their stress.
But the charity, Drinkaware, has warned that daily intake of booze could be a health disaster.
It found that 62 percent use alcohol as a stress reliever every night with one in three licking their lips at the thought before they even get home, the Daily Express reported.
A third of men and nearly half of women who drink at home admit they regularly drink above the daily guidelines.
Experts warned that this puts many at risk of liver disease and cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in