64,000 diarrhoea cases reported in Sindh
Islamabad: At least 64,320 cases of diarrhoea have been reported across Pakistan`s Sindh province this month, an official said.
Masood Solangi, additional health secretary for Sindh, said that about 11,000 people were still undergoing treatment in various hospitals, the Daily Times reported Sunday.
He said there were no deaths due to diarrhoea in July.
Contaminated water and unhygienic food are the main causes of diarrhoea.
Diarrhoea is a symptom of gastrointestinal infection caused by bacterial, viral or parasitic organisms. Severe diarrhoea leads to fluid loss, and may be life-threatening, particularly in children and people who are malnourished or have impaired immunity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan