6.5 cm tumour removed from 16-year-old girl`s brain
Noida: Neurosurgeons of a private hospital here successfully removed a 6.5 cm large tumour from the brain of a 16-year-old girl from Bihar saving her life, the hospital authorities said today.
Shamaparveen from Bihar, who was discharged today, was experiencing headache and vomiting for past six months and was also having difficulty in walking since the last four months.
She was admitted to Kailash Hospital here on June 24. Her condition had worsened two weeks prior to her admission," Dr Debabrata Mukherjee, the Chief Neurosurgeon of the hospital said today.
She was facing episodes of seizure, headache and vomiting. She had practically become bedridden at the time of admission," he said.
"The nerve heads responsible for her vision were swollen (reason for visual dysfunction) and she was having difficulty in swallowing, weakness in the right half of the body and her balance mechanism was disturbed," he said.
"The MRI report revealed a large tumour of about 6.5 cm in in a very vital area of the brain. The tumour was massive and was removed completely after a 6 hour-long operation on June 25," Mukherjee said.
Shamaparveen was discharged today after her condition got better, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India