7 children succumb to encephalitis in UP, toll reaches 400
Gorakhpur:Seven more children succumbed to encephalitis during the last 24 hours at the BRD Medical College Hospital here, taking the toll in the dreaded disease to 400 in Uttar Pradesh.
Twenty more patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to various hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions during the period, official sources said.
Additional director (Health) Diwakar Prasad said 282 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in these hospitals.
This year, a total of 2,535 encephalitis patients were admitted to different government hospitals of the region of which 400 died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President