7 easy tips to get rid of constipation
Constipation is an ailment that almost all of us have come across at some point or the other. 'Pooping problem' is a topic that one hardly likes to discuss.
Constipation basically refers to irritable bowel movements and is a common cause of painful defecation and can aggravate if not taken seriously.
However, there is nothing to feel embarrassed about. Here are a few simple homes remedies to ameliorate the irritation:
Lemon: Lemon is one remedy which most of the doctors recommend. Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon and a pinch of salt in it in the morning not only acts as a cleansing agent for the intestines, but also helps in smooth passage of stool.
Fiber: Consuming food rich in fiber can actually work wonders. So, it is advisable to start one's day with food that has high quantity of fiber like dried beans, prunes, figs etc. as fiber rich food acts like a sponge thereby preventing crams and stomach bloating.
Raisins: Raisins are also high in fibre and help a lot in aiding digestion and relieving constipation.
Triphala powder: It acts as a great laxative. Just add one teaspoon of triphala powder in lukewarm water and a little honey and drink it just after you wake up empty stomach in the morning. It will work wonders.
Oranges: They are packed with Vitamin C and just one orange can supply 116.2% of the daily value of Vitamin C which provides instant relief from constipation.
Water: It flushes out all the toxins from the body and also provides fluidity for the flow of blood. It is advisable to to have at least 8 glasses of water for a smooth bowel movement.
Never ignore nature's call: Yes, last but certainly not the least, one should never ignore a nature's call as it is like inviting trouble for future.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion