7 easy tips to get rid of constipation
Constipation is an ailment that almost all of us have come across at some point or the other. 'Pooping problem' is a topic that one hardly likes to discuss.
Constipation basically refers to irritable bowel movements and is a common cause of painful defecation and can aggravate if not taken seriously.
However, there is nothing to feel embarrassed about. Here are a few simple homes remedies to ameliorate the irritation:
Lemon: Lemon is one remedy which most of the doctors recommend. Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon and a pinch of salt in it in the morning not only acts as a cleansing agent for the intestines, but also helps in smooth passage of stool.
Fiber: Consuming food rich in fiber can actually work wonders. So, it is advisable to start one's day with food that has high quantity of fiber like dried beans, prunes, figs etc. as fiber rich food acts like a sponge thereby preventing crams and stomach bloating.
Raisins: Raisins are also high in fibre and help a lot in aiding digestion and relieving constipation.
Triphala powder: It acts as a great laxative. Just add one teaspoon of triphala powder in lukewarm water and a little honey and drink it just after you wake up empty stomach in the morning. It will work wonders.
Oranges: They are packed with Vitamin C and just one orange can supply 116.2% of the daily value of Vitamin C which provides instant relief from constipation.
Water: It flushes out all the toxins from the body and also provides fluidity for the flow of blood. It is advisable to to have at least 8 glasses of water for a smooth bowel movement.
Never ignore nature's call: Yes, last but certainly not the least, one should never ignore a nature's call as it is like inviting trouble for future.
Compiled by: Shruti Saxena
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical