755 cases of dengue in Haryana
Chandigarh: In the view of rise in cases of dengue in Haryana, especially in Gurgaon and Faridabad districts, the state health department has further advised district hospitals to help prevent the spread of the disease.
A total of 755 dengue cases have been reported from Haryana, out of which Gurgaon district is the worst affected with a total 250 cases and 212 cases in Faridabad.
Haryana's Director Health Services (Malaria), Dr Kamla Singh said, districts like Karnal and Yamunanagar are also among the worst affected.
So far two deaths have been reported due to the vector-borne disease--one each in Sonepat and Kaithal, she said.
"We have sent an advisory to all district hospitals on the line of treatment to the patients. The health department had got into action since June, spreading awareness about the disease and urging people to avoid improper water storage," Singh said.
Unlike last year, when dengue cases were registered only at the beginning of October, this year the outbreak was reported earlier with monsoon arriving in mid-June in Haryana, three weeks earlier than its normal schedule, she noted.
Fogging is being carried out in the areas where dengue cases have been reported, she said, adding, their efforts must be supplemented by the civic authorities to maintain cleanliness and drain out stagnant water.
"We have sent out a communication to Deputy Commissioners and the civic bodies to put in more efforts to keep the localities clean," she added.
In 2010, 866 dengue cases were reported in the state with 21 deaths, out of which Gurgaon alone accounted for 631 cases and 13 deaths.
In 2011, only 267 cases with three deaths were reported in the state, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list