`76 per cent of Indians unaware of causes of kidney diseases`
New Delhi: A whopping 76 per cent of the
Indians are unaware of the causes of kidney diseases with
Delhiites topping the list.
According to the survey conducted by a leading renal
disease management hospital, only 24 per cent of the
countrymen are aware of the causes of renal diseases with
Delhiites being the least aware at 10 per cent.
Also a mere 34 per cent of the Delhiites polled were
aware that kidney failure is incurable but the progression can
be controlled with medical treatment.
"Preventive nephrology will be succesful only when
there is awareness about the importance of early detection and
preventive health check-ups. Merely awareness will not
suffice," said senior nephrologist Dr Sushma Rani.
The survey also goes on to show that there is an
urgent need to spread awareness about renal disease among the
masses lest the situation goes out of control.
The survey was carried out in six major cities of the
country where 600 people in the age group of 20-50 years were
It is shocking that 64 per cent people polled were not
even aware of a nephrologist being a kidney specialist.
Diabetes and hypertension are the major causes of
chronic kidney disorders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door