8 Interesting facts about your heart
Did you know these cool facts about your heart?
1.The average adult heart beats 72 times a minute; 100,000 times a day; 3,600,000 times a year; and 2.5 billion times during a lifetime.
2. The heart produces enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. So,in a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back!
3. The heart pumps nearly 1.5 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime which is enough to fill 200 train tank cars.
4. Laughter really works wonders for your heart and is perfect remedy for stress .A good hearty laugh can send 20% more blood flowing through your entire body. So indulge yourself in funny movies and create a group of jovial and cheerful people.
5. The stethoscope was invented by French physician Rene Laennec when he felt it was inappropriate to place his ear on his large-buxomed female patients' chests.
6. A woman’s heart typically beats faster than a man’s. The heart of an average man beats approximately 70 times a minute, whereas the average woman has a heart rate of 78 beats per minute
7. Studies show Monday blues affect the heart the most as the majority of heart attacks occur between the hours of 8 -9 am on Mondays.
8. It is thought that the heart got its love association in the ancient Greek city of Cyrene due to the Silphium plant with it's heart-shaped seed pods that grew in the region.