8-yr-old grows new kidneys after old ones fail
London: An 8-year-old girl demonstrated a miracle to doctors when she grew two new kidneys after her original kidneys failed.
Angel Burton was a victim of painful infections and innumerable scans ever since she was a little girl, but when she was to undergo an operation to create an artificial valve, the doctors were amazed to find that she had grown 2 new kidneys.
The new kidneys are fully functional – a sign that she is cured.
Around 1percent of people have an extra “duplex” kidney, but it is very rare for them to be fully formed.
“It’s a real miracle. It’s absolutely amazing that none of her scans picked the extra kidneys up.
“Now you would never know she had been ill at all.
“We’re just so grateful to have ¬Angel back to her happy, healthy self,” The Daily Star quoted her mother, Claire Burton.
The child was diagnosed with bilateral reflux, which meant the valves to her bladder were not working properly and urine leaked into her kidneys, causing painful infections.
Angel had to have regular kidney scans.
“They told us her kidneys were permanently damaged,” said Claire.
“I remember Angel coming around and I told her what they’d found. She said: ‘God gave me the healthy kidneys and forgot to take the old ones away.``’’
Consultant Prasad Godbole, from Sheffield Children’s Hospital, who operated on Angel, said, “Duplex kidney rarely comes to light.
“I was surprised we had it in Angel because none of the previous X-rays had shown that. Her kidneys are working fine.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry