About 13 percent new mothers avoid sex
London: Have you rejected love-making calls from your hubby after childbirth? Take heart as you have not committed a sin.
A survey by non-profit British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) has revealed that some women wait for at least six months after childbirth before they start to have sex again.
Some 13 percent of mothers - about one in eight - said they want to avoid sex for some time post pregnancy.
Nearly 45 percent said they felt uncomfortable about their body after having a baby.
"The main barriers which stop women from resuming sex are pain and exhaustion. But there are body image anxieties too," the survey comprising 1,350 British mothers added.
Significantly, 23 percent mothers said they resumed sex within six weeks after giving birth.
"There is no set time to start having sex again after a baby. The woman should feel right for it with access to the contraception best suited for them," said Clare Murphy, director of external affairs at BPAS.
"Sexual health needs of new mothers are diverse and we need to find innovative ways to support them," Murphy added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory