AES claims lives of 4 more children in Bihar, toll reaches 25
Muzaffarpur: Four more children died of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district since Saturday taking the toll to 25, hospital sources said on Sunday.
4-year-old Nagma and 5-year-old Annu Kumari succumbed to AES at the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH).
Babul Kumar (4) and Amarjit Kumar (8) also died of the same disease in the private Kejriwal hospital, the sources said.
With these deaths, the toll has mounted to 25 since the outbreak of the disease in May this year, they said.
Meanwhile, Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) president Ashok Chaudhary visited both the hospitals yesterday to enquire about the well-being of the patients.
He said he would speak to Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and request him for assistance for medical treatment as well as for eradication of the disease, which has claimed the lives of hundreds of children in the last ten years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter