AIIMS and other hospitals challaned for mosquito breeding
New Delhi: Several leading hospitals in Delhi were found to be breeding sites for aedes and anopheles mosquito which causes dengue and malaria respectively during the inspection by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) teams.
According to NDMC officials, four major hospitals including the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) have been challaned after mosquito breeding sites were detected in their premises during inspections.
This year itself, AIIMS has been issued 22 notices and has been challaned twice, once in early July.
Safdarjung hospital was served 18 notices by the civic body and challaned once, while Lady Hardinge Medical College was issued 11 notices and challaned once for failing to take preventive measures to check breeding of mosquitoes.
Apart from that, Ram Manohar Lohiya (RML) hospital has been issued six notices and challaned twice.
"During the inspections conducted by sanitary inspectors in these hospitals, various sites conducive for breeding of mosquitoes were found.
"If larvae are found during the first inspection, we issue them a notice asking them to take preventive measures, but if consequently the conditions prevail we challan them," said Medical Officer of Health (NDMC) Dr P K Sharma.
NDMC till July 20 this year has launched around 70 prosecutions against various institutes and buildings which includes hospitals, schools and other government organisations and 2329 notices have been issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read