AIIMS-like institution to be set up in Haryana: Harsh Vardhan
New Delhi: A multi-speciality hospital on the lines of AIIMS will be set up at Jhajjar in Haryana to reduce load on city's the premier medical institution, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said during Question Hour that all facilities, now available with AIIMS, could be availed in the new seven-storey hospital which would come up "in the coming days".
The proposed hospital will also have facilities for cancer treatment, he said.
The move was aimed at "shedding the load of AIIMS," he said, adding that patients from outside Delhi came here for treatment leading to piling up of cases.
Stating that long-term solutions are required to reduce load on premier medical institutes, Vardhan said efforts are being made to upgrade district hospitals, set up more AIIMS- like institutions and cancer hospitals.
To a question on whether it was a fact that a patient had to wait for eight years to get his heart operated, Vardhan answered in the negative but admitted that in cases, the waiting list for treatment ranges from three months to three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?