AIIMS to implement curbs on night stay by patients` kin
New Delhi: To check the movement of nefarious elements inside its premises and also strengthen security, the AIIMS administration has intensified its drill of monitoring night stay by patients' relatives on the hospital campus.
However, the rule of allowing one member of the family to stay with the patient would still continue, AIIMS officials said on Tuesday.
"The step has been taken to enhance the security on the hospital premises as it is difficult to segregate genuine family members of patients from others," they said.
"The outdoor patient department (OPD) services usually closes at 1.30 P.M. And the special clinics shut by 6 P.M. Yet a large number of people keep loitering around on hospital premises till late in the night.
"In the recent past, there have been a few cases of theft too," they added.
Moreover, with an eye on maintaining hygiene, the hospital administration has also decided to keep a strict watch on those found occupying certain spots along the corridors for a long time.
"It has also come to our notice that there are some people who occupy certain places in the corridor, cook their food, wash utensils and clothes, leading to sanitation problems.
"Also, a lot of water gets wasted," they said, adding that the family members were being urged "to go to the Delhi government night shelters situated across the road".
The idea is to prevent the spread of infection on the premises and maintain hygiene along with the safety of the patients' belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared