Alembic resolves generic capsules` patent case with Novartis
New Delhi: Alembic Pharmaceuticals today said it along with Breckenridge Pharmaceutical Inc, USA has settled patent case with Novartis for Rivastigmine Tartrate capsules used for treating dementia.
The companies have settled their Paragraph IV patent litigation with Novartis for Rivastigmine Tartrate capsules which are a generic version of Exelon capsules of Novartis, Alembic Pharmaceuticals said in a filing to BSE.
Under the terms of the settlement agreement, Novartis has granted the two companies a licence to market their generic capsules before the date of the patent expiry, it added.
The companies will launch the product immediately in the American market, Alembic Pharmaceuticals said.
United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) has approved their abbreviated new drug application (ANDA). While the Indian firm is the sponsor and manufacturer of the ANDA, the product will be marketed exclusively by Breckenridge.
Rivastigmine Tartrate capsules are prescribed for mild to moderate dementia of Alzheimer`s type and mild to moderate dementia associated with Parkinson`s disease, the company said.
The product will be available in the strengths of 1.5 mg, 3 mg, 4.5 mg and 6 mg, it added.
Shares of Alembic Pharmaceuticals today closed at Rs 53.70 apiece on BSE, up a steep 4.58 per cent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui