Algeria takes preventive steps to counter Ebola
Algiers: The Algerian health authorities Sunday announced that they have taken preventive measures to counter the spread of deadly Ebola virus.
The country has already been mobilizing its medical staffs in the southern border areas, Xinhua reported.
Medical teams consist of four doctors tasked with the mission of providing health care coverage. The authorities have also established a sanitary control post at the airport of Tamanrasset.
The Ebola virus, which is transmitted through body fluids, hit Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, and in recent months to other neighboring countries.
As of Aug 4, the four countries have reported 1,711 cases, including 932 deaths.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!