Angioplasty in NIMS among world`s top three
Hyderabad: Transcathether Cardiovascular
Therapeutics, the world`s largest symposium on Interventional
Cardiology held in the US, has honoured the city-based Nizam`s
Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) by selecting a critical
case treated the hospital for a prestigious award.
A very difficult case of coronory angioplasty done
under intra aortic ballon pump support by K Sarat Chandra,
Additional Professor, and Pankaj Jariwala, Asst. Professor,
has been selected as one of the three best cases from world
over for presentation at TCT annual conference to be held in
September this year.
The NIMS said in a release that the patient from
Adilabad was admitted with low blood pressure (cardiogenic
shock) and acute myocardial infarction.
He was critically ill and emergency angiogram showed
that the left main coronary artery was found to be occluded.
Under normal circumstances this case would go for coronary
However since the patient was in low blood pressure,
it was felt that he will not withstand surgery. Hence he was
subjected to emergency coronary angioplasty with stenting
under IABP support. The patient recovered fully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez