Animal-food doesn’t up breast cancer risk
Washington: Three human studies conducted in the US have shown that there is no evidence to suggest that animal-food consumption increases or decreases the risk of breast cancer among women.
"These studies highlight two very important points. First we all need to remember that there are really no such things as ``bad`` foods. Second, observational studies that show associations between diet and health need to be considered with a proverbial grain of salt.
These studies clearly provide additional and strong evidence that consumption of meat and dairy products by women does not, by itself, increase breast cancer risk.
Further, moderate and mindful consumption of these foods can be very important in attaining optimal nutrition for most women who often do not consume sufficient iron and calcium," said Dr. Shelley McGuire, a spokesperson for the American Society for Nutrition.
The studies did not assess the relation between animal-food intake during early life and later breast cancer, a likely important piece of the puzzle.
Nonetheless, write the authors of an editorial: "These data are sufficient to exclude any major effect of consuming these foods during midlife or later on risk of breast cancer."
The findings of the three studies have been reported in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM