Anti-ageing pill may help prevent Alzheimer`s, cancer
London: Carnosine, which is taken as a dietary supplement, could help protect against a host of diseases from cancer to Alzheimer`s disease, scientists have claimed.
The powerful antioxidant tablet is already used in anti-ageing products and by athletes to delay muscle fatigue.
Now, a new study, published in the Chemistry Central Journal, has revealed that it could offer hope to millions struck down by the devastating illnesses, the Daily Express reported.
Scientists say it could even protect against Parkinson`s and prevent complications of Type 2 diabetes.
Lead researcher Roslyn Bill, Professor of biotechnology at Aston University, Birmingham, said: "If it could be targeted a bit more specifically, there could be much more benefit in the longer term."
Carnosine, a naturally occurring chemical in the body, is available in health food stores and pharmacies and can cost just 22p a pill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another