App that connects mothers with babies in womb!
New York: Call it the mother of apps! A new smart phone app is here that helps expectant mothers listen to the heartbeat of their unborn child - and record their feelings too.
Not only this, they can also keep track of their baby's progress in the womb.
Named Bellabeat, the app has a foetal heart-rate monitor that let mothers tune in to their baby's heartbeat, record the sounds and play it back too.
It also tracks heartbeats per minute, times when the baby kicks and weight of the growing foetus.
The Bellabeat system was launched with the vision to make pregnancy tracking interactive and social, said a Daily mail report.
“Listening to your unborn baby's heartbeat was the original feature and all the other features were added around this,” Bellabeat co-founder Urska Srsen, a specialist of obstetrics and gynaecology, was quoted as saying.
The mood tracker feature is to help pregnant women recognise early symptoms of depression.
The app also has a social platform where pregnant women can interact and share experiences with one another, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional