Art of Living to conduct nation-wide meditation camps
Mumbai: With an aim to educate people on how meditation is healthy, and easy to learn and practice, 1,700 centres across India will host a meditation initiative by the Art of Living, an official said.
"Art of Living will conduct a nationwide `Meditate India` starting Sunday. The initiative is aimed at raising awareness about the benefits of meditation and providing an opportunity for people to internalise meditation in their lifestyle," an official from Art of Living said here.
Being launched Sunday, which also is the birthday of the Art of Living founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the initiative will educate people that meditation is healthy, easy to practice and results in good health, peace and happiness.
"The campaign will see people from all walks of life coming together to share some moments of silence through guided meditations at around 1,700 centres in India. The free meditation camps will be conducted in residential localities, corporate houses, schools, colleges and parks all over India," the official said.
The initiative will run till May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him