Art of Living to conduct nation-wide meditation camps
Mumbai: With an aim to educate people on how meditation is healthy, and easy to learn and practice, 1,700 centres across India will host a meditation initiative by the Art of Living, an official said.
"Art of Living will conduct a nationwide `Meditate India` starting Sunday. The initiative is aimed at raising awareness about the benefits of meditation and providing an opportunity for people to internalise meditation in their lifestyle," an official from Art of Living said here.
Being launched Sunday, which also is the birthday of the Art of Living founder, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, the initiative will educate people that meditation is healthy, easy to practice and results in good health, peace and happiness.
"The campaign will see people from all walks of life coming together to share some moments of silence through guided meditations at around 1,700 centres in India. The free meditation camps will be conducted in residential localities, corporate houses, schools, colleges and parks all over India," the official said.
The initiative will run till May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him