Baby Falak dies of cardiac arrest
New Delhi: After battling for life at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for the past over 60 days, two-year-old battered baby Falak died late Thursday of cardiac arrest, a doctor said.
"The baby died of cardiac arrest. She suffered cardiac arrest at 9 p.m. and was declared dead at 9.40 p.m," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor neurosurgery at AIIMS, told IANS.
"She was doing quite well for sometime. But today (Thursday) we observed some fluctuations in her heart rate," he added.
According to Agrawal, the baby`s heart had weakened due to two previous cardiac arrests.
"The atmosphere is very grim in the hospital because all the staff was emotionally attached to her," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan