Bacteria found in California cheese products
Los Angeles: Cheese products sold in California have been found tainted with listeria monocytogenes bacteria, officials said.
The products - labelled as Morningland Dairy Raw Milk Cheese Garlic Colby and Morningland Dairy Raw Milk Cheese Hot Pepper Colby - were produced in Missouri and sold in Los Angeles, San Diego, Mendocino and Santa Cruz counties, the California Department of Food and Agriculture was quoted as saying in a statement Friday.
The department said it has, however, received no report of illnesses, Xinhua reported.
Listeria monocytogenes may cause listeriosis among "at risk" people - including pregnant women, newborns and people with weak immune systems, said Steve Lyle, the department`s director of public affairs.
Symptoms include fever, muscle aches, nausea or diarrhoea. If infection spreads to the nervous system, symptoms such as headache and stiff neck can occur.
Infections during pregnancy can lead to serious problems for the foetus. Consumers should seek immediate medical care if they develop these symptoms, Lyle said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof