Bejon Misra bags World No Tobacco Day award
New Delhi: Bejon Misra, founder of Consumer Online Foundation, has been conferred with the World No Tobacco Day award for 2013 for his anti-tobacco campaign.
Every year, the World Health Organisation recognises individuals or organisations for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control through this award.
Misra termed the award as a victory for his voluntary organisation and Indian citizens. He demanded the imposition of taxes on all tobacco products similar to what exist for cigarettes.
He also stressed for effective implementation and stringent action on violation of the existing laws on tobacco control.
Misra said the 24x7 helpline number 1800110456 should become a "buzz word" amongst the citizens to report any kind of violations committed by the tobacco industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- With Isak Swu gone, Naga peace accord won't be easy
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets