Bejon Misra bags World No Tobacco Day award
New Delhi: Bejon Misra, founder of Consumer Online Foundation, has been conferred with the World No Tobacco Day award for 2013 for his anti-tobacco campaign.
Every year, the World Health Organisation recognises individuals or organisations for their accomplishments in the area of tobacco control through this award.
Misra termed the award as a victory for his voluntary organisation and Indian citizens. He demanded the imposition of taxes on all tobacco products similar to what exist for cigarettes.
He also stressed for effective implementation and stringent action on violation of the existing laws on tobacco control.
Misra said the 24x7 helpline number 1800110456 should become a "buzz word" amongst the citizens to report any kind of violations committed by the tobacco industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur