Bengal dengue toll rises to seven, over 2,000 affected
Kolkata: The dengue toll in West Bengal has risen to seven while the number of people affected by the disease has risen to 2,033 people, according to the state health department officials Tuesday.
"The death toll is seven. A total of 2,033 people are down with dengue," said a statement from the department.
All the deaths occurred in the worst-affected Kolkata, where 1,024 patients were affected while the figure in the adjacent North 24 Parganas district is 242.
The disease has hit 16 of the 19 districts in the state, the department said.
With a large number of people afflicted with the disease, there was a scarcity of beds in both government and private hospitals in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!