Bengal dengue toll rises to seven, over 2,000 affected
Kolkata: The dengue toll in West Bengal has risen to seven while the number of people affected by the disease has risen to 2,033 people, according to the state health department officials Tuesday.
"The death toll is seven. A total of 2,033 people are down with dengue," said a statement from the department.
All the deaths occurred in the worst-affected Kolkata, where 1,024 patients were affected while the figure in the adjacent North 24 Parganas district is 242.
The disease has hit 16 of the 19 districts in the state, the department said.
With a large number of people afflicted with the disease, there was a scarcity of beds in both government and private hospitals in the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed