Best diet secret- Day long fruit salad meals with fruit snacks
Washington: Want to loose weight in a healthy way? Just eat various varieties of fruits daily.
Co-authors Dian Griesel, and Tom Griesel, of the new book, ‘TurboCharged: Accelerate Your Fat Burning Metabolism, Get Lean Fast and Leave Diet and Exercise Rules in the Dust’ (BSH, 2011) proposed a significant amount of fruit in the diet. They even recommended that sometimes days of just fruit.
“Fruits which are so commonly restricted in most “weight-loss” diets and lacking in most everyday diets are essential for optimal health along with plenty of fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, and animal proteins like meat, fish, eggs and cheese,” said Griesels.
“The plethora of benefits delivered by fruit will continue to be proven in scientific studies.”
Tom said, “As fruits are always lumped into the ‘carb’ category they get a very unfair rap and are too often eliminated from diets. This is convenient for manufacturers, but detrimental to our health and well being. A piece of fruit provides lots of nutrition, easy take-along packaging and natural water.”
“It may take awhile for fruit to regain its rightful position as a healthy, popular food, but its nutrition value cannot be denied,” said Dian.
“Our advice: Take control of your own health. Start eating fruit salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with fruit snacks in between! This simple step will help elevate moods, spirits, improve key biomarkers and certainly elevate absorbable nutrient intake,” added Dian.
The study has been published in the medical journal, Nutrition and Cancer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise