Beware! Your sweet tooth may raise your risk of heart attack
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Here is some bad news for people who have a sweet tooth and are extremely fond of sugary items. Researchers have suggested that high intake of sugar in any form be it soft drinks, candies or chocolates increases the chances of developing heart problems.
The research conducted by JAMA Internal Medicine, suggests that consuming foods that are rich in sugar like fizzy drinks, cakes, chocolates, juices etc. not just lead to weight gain but also puts you at the risk of developing heart problems.
The researchers undertook a study in which they studied sugar consumption of ten thousand people in the US and also rates of heart-related problems and death rates.
The results depicted that the higher the sugar consumption by an individual, the more are his chances of heart complications.
Further, as advised by the World Health Organisation (WHO), added sugar make up less than 10% of total calorie intake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination