Bird flu deaths in China rise to 18; total cases at 96
Beijing: One more person died due to the deadly bird flu in China today, taking the death toll to 18 even as five new cases of the H7N9 avian influenza were reported pushing the total to 96.
The National Health and Family Planning Commission said in its daily update on H7N9 cases that a total of 96 cases have been reported in China, including 18 that have ended in deaths.
Nine patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment, and the other 69 patients are being treated in designated hospitals, the commission said.
A total of 33 cases, including 11 deaths, have been reported in Shanghai.
China officially confirmed the occurrence of cases of humans infected with the H7N9 virus late last month.
According to the commission, China`s confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan