Bird flu deaths in China rise to 18; total cases at 96
Beijing: One more person died due to the deadly bird flu in China today, taking the death toll to 18 even as five new cases of the H7N9 avian influenza were reported pushing the total to 96.
The National Health and Family Planning Commission said in its daily update on H7N9 cases that a total of 96 cases have been reported in China, including 18 that have ended in deaths.
Nine patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment, and the other 69 patients are being treated in designated hospitals, the commission said.
A total of 33 cases, including 11 deaths, have been reported in Shanghai.
China officially confirmed the occurrence of cases of humans infected with the H7N9 virus late last month.
According to the commission, China`s confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion