Bird flu deaths in China rise to 18; total cases at 96
Beijing: One more person died due to the deadly bird flu in China today, taking the death toll to 18 even as five new cases of the H7N9 avian influenza were reported pushing the total to 96.
The National Health and Family Planning Commission said in its daily update on H7N9 cases that a total of 96 cases have been reported in China, including 18 that have ended in deaths.
Nine patients have been discharged from hospitals after receiving treatment, and the other 69 patients are being treated in designated hospitals, the commission said.
A total of 33 cases, including 11 deaths, have been reported in Shanghai.
China officially confirmed the occurrence of cases of humans infected with the H7N9 virus late last month.
According to the commission, China`s confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’