Blame `C` spot, not size, for no orgasm
New York: Sometimes, size doesn't matter when it comes to making love and having an orgasm!
Women who have orgasm problems have smaller clitoris which is located farther from the vagina, shows research.
The discovery could lead to new treatments for women suffering from the condition called anorgasmia (unable to have orgasms).
“There's no G spot. There's a C spot - the clitoris. It is the source of a lot of sexual pleasure for the female,” said study researcher Susan Oakley from Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Researchers used magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to scan the pelvic area of 30 women who were in their 30s.
Ten of these women had reported rarely or never achieving orgasms despite trying.
The rest of the participants reported normal orgasmic experience during sex.
The researchers found that the direct distance between the clitoris and the vagina was 5 to 6 millimetres longer on average in the group of women with orgasm problems.
These women also had a smaller clitoris on average.
“Although adequate sexual function is complex, we document that clitoral size and location may be paramount in impacting sexual function, specifically orgasm,” Oakley added.
Although physical characteristics cannot be changed, understanding the physiology of the female sexual response advances knowledge, the researchers noted in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
Such awareness may highlight strategies for treatment of women distressed by sexual dysfunction, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?