Blood type may affect stroke risk, study finds
Orlando, Fla.: Your blood type might affect your risk for stroke.
A study suggests that people with type AB and women with B may be a little more likely to suffer one than people with O blood, the most common type.
This is based on observing 90,000 people in two health studies that have gone on for more than 20 years. Doctors say this doesn`t prove a link, but other research ties blood type to the risk of bleeding, heart attacks and blood clots in the legs.
Doctors suggest that people worried about being at higher risk might want to keep their blood pressure and cholesterol in line.
The study was discussed Wednesday at an American Heart Association conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India