Blood type may affect stroke risk, study finds
Orlando, Fla.: Your blood type might affect your risk for stroke.
A study suggests that people with type AB and women with B may be a little more likely to suffer one than people with O blood, the most common type.
This is based on observing 90,000 people in two health studies that have gone on for more than 20 years. Doctors say this doesn`t prove a link, but other research ties blood type to the risk of bleeding, heart attacks and blood clots in the legs.
Doctors suggest that people worried about being at higher risk might want to keep their blood pressure and cholesterol in line.
The study was discussed Wednesday at an American Heart Association conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win